1010CA Rebuild Project, Part XV

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

1010CA Rebuild Project, Part XV

Post by wwattson » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:46 pm

If I end up posting a Part XX, I think I'm going to blow my brains out. Problem is, by that time I won't be able to afford the bullets.
:o

It's actually going fairly well but it does work you down by degrees. This first shot is with the rockshaft, fenders, and lift cylinder supports reinstalled. The cylinder supports required a bunch of straightening before they went back on so I was very pleased that everything fitted up. The seat is just setting up there to get it out of the way.

Here's the left side view. I ran in to a bit of a snag with the lever so I had to pull it off and rework the repair. I hit no issues with the one I made the replacement end for. Probably should have just made replacement ends for both.

Here's the right side view with the generator, plug wires, coil, and distributor reinstalled. The wiring harness is cleaned up and ready but I wanted to get all the other lines and accessories reinstalled first.

Here's the grill frame with a light coat of green. Still got some dings to work on the bottom and it should be ready to install.

And here's the stuff that takes up my time. This is one of the rear cross bar supports that I spent an hour or two on yesterday.

And finally the sprockets Lavoy pulled off the junked 1010. These should work out fine but the one side will take a little work. The one side is a bit worn and the tips of the teeth are worn off. Still a lot better than the two sprockets I pulled off.

I'm presently pulling apart all the remaining rollers and the idlers. Looks like the roller seals are about half and half in terms of how many more I'll need. The two idler seals I pulled out so far look brand new. Figures that the one seal you can get for less than an arm and leg is the one you don't need. All for now.
Bill Wattson