oops, there i go again...

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
emichaelhaynes
430 crawler
430 crawler

oops, there i go again...

Post by emichaelhaynes » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am

Well,
I found this honest to goodness bonafide Deere three point hitch more or less complete at a junkyard and asked the guy how much. He said "a lot". I said "okay, I'll take it". He said "I'll get it off and get back to you on the shipping charges". Two weeks later I called back to check on progress. He said "I'm real busy right now but it won't be long". Two weeks later I called back. Answering service. Sent an Email. No reply. Called again. Answering service. Email. No reply. Well, I'm not out much but time, and patience.

This was not Lavoy by any stretch of your imagination.

Started looking at alternatives. This is what I came up with.

Tain't persactly deere, tain't even done yet, prolly get cussed by a lot of deere resto-purists (like I give a hoot), tain't all that pretty either, but I like it.

Hee-hee-hee, snicker, snicker... eat yer hearts out.

For the one or two fellas that may be interested, it was made for an oliver 770 wheel tractor. It's category one and two. Costs less than half of what the other guy wanted. Suits my needs perfectly.

Still left to do: add a couple of braces, run the hydraulics lines, and add another slice to my control valve stack (did I mention I replaced the original control valve with a prince sv last summer).

I'll keep yall posted... stay tuned...

michael

hunter41mag
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by hunter41mag » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:39 am

Michael,

Nothing wrong with not being JD as long as it works as intended and is safe to use. What is it mounted to? Looks to be a 440.
Don
Eastern PA
440IC (1960)

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Looks like it should lift .You know that two minutes after you get it refined king of procrastinators will call with your other three point unit removed !! Digitup.

emichaelhaynes
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by emichaelhaynes » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:44 am

It's a 440icd with an 831 loader. I've posted several pic's in this column in the past. Ugly as sin, pulls stumps and stacks them for burning like you wouldn't believe. Now I'l looking for a box blade, landscape rake, maybe a grader...

And I think we all know that other hitch went to somebody who had enough money to make that $#@%$# forget I existed.

michael

emichaelhaynes
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by emichaelhaynes » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Been rather busy with other crap lately. Trying to build a house is one thing, dealing with banks is a whole 'nother... and the $#$^&@@@ power company!!!

Got to spend a little more time working on the three point hitch. Got the hydraulics plumbed with no problem. Just added another slice to the valve and made up some hoses. The old Parker was in a bad way anyhow.

Tied the mount to the loader frame to help hold the whole thing up. Still have to do the same on the right side.

Whats left of the old fender minus some reinforcements goes back in place till I can lay my hands on some reasonable tread plate. New one will come out to the edge of the track so I can hang a step from it.

michael