mc 15425

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:42 pm

PTO was standard, flat pulley was an option. You can not install a factory 3PT on an MC or 3 roller 40, the trans back cover will not accept the support piece. I suppose you could put it on without it, but the 3PT was not a factory option until the 420's came out. It was available as a field installed option, so you will see 40's above 62,263 with a 3PT now and then.
Lavoy

Ray
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Ray » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:50 am

Lavoy wrote:PTO was standard, flat pulley was an option. You can not install a factory 3PT on an MC or 3 roller 40, the trans back cover will not accept the support piece. I suppose you could put it on without it, but the 3PT was not a factory option until the 420's came out. It was available as a field installed option, so you will see 40's above 62,263 with a 3PT now and then.
Lavoy
Thanks Lavoy

It was about 3 years ago that I saw it and thinking back on it, I'm probably wrong about which crawler it was on.
I know I've seen some of the bigger JD's with 3-point and I was thinking this was on a MC, but I'm not so sure anymore.
I've looked at a lot of nice crawlers at the shows the last few years and an old fart like me doesn't always remember correctly. ( I need to take more photos ) .. Ray