Lindeman crawlers ( photos taken off the web )

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Ray
440 crawler
440 crawler

Lindeman crawlers ( photos taken off the web )

Post by Ray » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:58 am

photos have been removed.
Last edited by Ray on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ray

45 John Deere Lindeman ( modified )
46 FMC Bean Cutler ( flat belt drive )
(2) 48 Bolens Ridemasters ser. #R230, #R1051
37 Shaw Du-All tractor conversion
"R/T" home made tractor
1925/26 Centaur tractor conversion

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:43 pm

I would add only a couple of comments.
As to the wide gauge Lindeman, I have never seen any published documentation that there were only 18 built. I know who one of the sources is that has frequently quoted the figure and he wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the rear. If Ted Adams has documentation of this figure he would be the guy to ask.
If you look at a Lindeman parts book, there are actually four different crossbar widths available, it was simply an option, and you ordered what you wanted. Add to that all the parts were available over the counter, so who knows how many more could have been made that way, or how many wide ones were converted back. I know of one personally that has the long axles, but has short crossbars. so who knows.
Same thing on electric start, I do not know of any production figures there, only way to really know would be to go to the Deere archives and hand count all of the BO/BR chassis sent to Lindeman, and see how many had the electric start option. Here again, it was always available as a field installed option from Deere, so how many had it done after the fact. I could be wrong on any of these figures, but that it what I have been able to determine over the years.
The trouble with Lindemans is you hear too many stories told about this and that, and then it becomes truth. I was at an auction sale once where they sold a BO Lindeman. The auctioneer stood up and told everyone that there were only 6 Lindemans left. I laughed and turned to the guy next to me and commented that that was kind of funny, because I personally have owned the other 7.
Lavoy

Ray
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Ray » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:52 pm

Thanks Lavoy .. I'll change that.

I also corrected the other forum that I posted this on.
Ray

45 John Deere Lindeman ( modified )
46 FMC Bean Cutler ( flat belt drive )
(2) 48 Bolens Ridemasters ser. #R230, #R1051
37 Shaw Du-All tractor conversion
"R/T" home made tractor
1925/26 Centaur tractor conversion