pond building in the good south

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

pond building in the good south

Post by rjamesh2008 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:44 am

Good day fellow john deere fans ,,, thought i would give this a try and share some of my good hard earned mud building trials wit the equipment,, hope all you enjoy,,,
picture of the 350b

my lil cat e110b

all my equipment for the project,,

filling that mean ole ford up another time

the pond that i am building 95 ft by 100ft by 21 ft deep

the pond with the water table and rain filling it up

just one of natures critters getting where he shouldn't had ,, man he made three good meals for the family 9 1/2 ft long

will add some more here when i get a lil more time enjoy rocky
john deere 350 b,, 89' cat e110b excavator,,, and the badest 71' ford 700 dump truck

rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

pond building cont'd

Post by rjamesh2008 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:57 am

well these are the pics from this past easter weekend

the pond got some good water back in it and still dressing the back of the pond to finish

got just the middle left to pull mud from

and my new lil john deere enthusiast that never left my side ,, she just wanted to play on the dozer till she got cold and fell asleep
well fellows enjoy the pics and will post some more progress in the weeks to come rocky
john deere 350 b,, 89' cat e110b excavator,,, and the badest 71' ford 700 dump truck

jeff Kemp
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by jeff Kemp » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:52 pm

All I can say is wow on that gator. That is a nice looking pond and a nice machine. good luck

JD430C
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by JD430C » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:21 pm

nice pond pics. i have a cat e110b as well, they are a nice excavator.

andrew
jds- 450B, 450C, 550, 4020, 3140 MFWD, 5200 MFWD

rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by rjamesh2008 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:12 pm

yeah this unit i purchased has been real good to me since last feb. when i bought her she has paid for herself over and over again ,,fast and strong for the lil cat ,,, just got lil bit left maybe about a year left at my schedule and weather permiting and then ima say goodbye to all three of the units ty and have a good day the rock

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:19 pm

I have a 312 B and even at -35 she fires up right off the start like it is a warm summer day .My old 490Dand the new 130C won't do that but have a bit more power and are wide track units .Had some problems with turn table and gave it a new one in February .I sold my 110 to a guy from the south .He wrecked 110s and 120s Maby in Georgia area I think .Digitup.

rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by rjamesh2008 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:37 pm

yeah digitup ,, i purchased that unit out off baton rouge from a dealer ,, taken a chance , cause off all the units that got flooded down here , for the hurricanes ,, not sure of where they all went to ,, meaning all these new styles that have computer boards in them ,,my dad lost three units for his company two t-190 bobcats ,, and the 315 cat that was on the his barge ,, barge was recovered but the electronics on the machines were not ,,, got them running ,, had to hard wire them but they worked till he was able to get replacements since machines were like very scarce cause everyone needed one to start working and making some money from the government,, ,he had sold them off to a couple fellows in town here real cheap ,,, they worked but,, had to go to ole style push buttun starts and key switches ,, so hows the weather up ya'lls way,, hope you getting them good ole machines out to play ,,well really work,,,be cool the rock

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:59 pm

I got my heavy machines out last week and the 1/2 load signs went up as I was doing it The township road super whined about me taking them in over the soft roads the biggest plow is 47 tones and the other 21B is 44 tones when I hit the gravel road that was the first I herd that 600 Cummins work [It has a 18 speed auto shift Meritor trany and the computer just freeked ] Those units will stay there on those job sites till late May before they come back out .My self propeled plows are lighter and easyer to get around . These two old 21B Allis's with plows Got photos around some place if you want to see them they have 5.5 inch deep grouser 26inch wide tracks and create big tractive pull around 88000lbs needed for the clay hills and are in great shape yet so I take them in leave them and keep the big dollar machines in the low fields .I know what you mean about computers geting wet my closest competition dumped a new Kobelco 220 off a Beaver dam he was trying to remove 3 years ago and he rented one of my excavators for several months till we went to The Dealer and brought it back we finaly replaced the auto throttle unit and it is working fine .Shure peaved me off about dealers they just don't care !.Would your father have insurance coverage on those units .We have no insurance if they go down in the mud .But insurance companys probably got tired of righting cheques after that desaster . Three years ago most local contractors got togeather [While pulling some idiot out of a beaver pond ]and decided to rescue each other From these messes If an excavator goes down we run free of charge to get him out [Guy that planted it has to buy the beer and take some hassle as well ] So help is as close as the cell phone .It must have been a mess in New Orlines a lot of folks have had life style changes after that I was there several times with a truck years ago .Digitup.

rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by rjamesh2008 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:37 pm

sure digitup,, i would love to see pics of the machines when you get a chance to post them ,, as for insurance ,, man we live in louisiana ,, insurance is outragest,, i had lived in mississippi for 2 years and when i had moved back ,, i had extreme coverage for the same price as louisiana for the lowest coverage avaible,, with the same company ,,, and no he didnt have insurance on the units ,, so it wasnt a total lose,, but it took a hell of a toll on us as,, of getting back in the groove to help rebuild some of sites ,, it was just like outstanding ,, meaning i went back on the tug boats ,, and to operate the waters from houston to mobile was a very very ,eerie feeling ,, no lights ,, everything that you remember about areas mangled to hell ,and missing ,,, some islands of marsh land just gone ,,, a area in dauphin island, alabama where there is now about a 1200 ft breach in the middle for the ground swells to hit the smaller bays ,, dude the list goes on and on ,, if i had a camera set up and took pics before the storms ,, and then in my transits there after ,, you wouldnt even know where you were looking at,, or recognize any of it ,, i haev one good thing to say though ,, a lot of people up north came out to help these states down here and were never really thanked lilke they should have been ,, i mean they is still church organizations and relief groups still down here helping rebuild houses and giving things ,, hell of a lot more then what fema did,, that why we hope for snow down here sometimes ,, its a change well holla man,, the rock

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Here is my latest plow purchace .I got this for sale 35 thousand with the laser and Laser plane onboard control system in the photo the 8 foot mast is not to common but I got it with the deal this dozer has a 5.5 foot plow and will do 12inch tile to the 5.5 feet with a small bit of help .Put say a 550 Deere on in front or a 450 on a good day and it would be all you need to pull 12inch tile at that depth .This unit weighs in at 44 tone .I just sold one to Colombia SC six weeks ago delivered it my self and now I remember why I gave up truckin [too many idiots per linial mile ] and the paper work kills now .Ps that photo was taken when it was just north of Port Huron Michigan at Sarnia Ont .Up north where I live still had six feet of snow at that time.I did a job down there with it at Petrolia Ont [We get that much snow in minutes up here ]Digitup.

mini kahuna
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

big allis

Post by mini kahuna » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:24 pm

that is one beefy dozer!!!
1010 loader

rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by rjamesh2008 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:35 pm

sorry bout the question but you say ,, it plows 5.5 ft deep and 12 in tiles ,, that is the part i didnt understand bout the tiles ,, basically my understanding yall are cutting roads in with the machines rocky

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:43 am

Here is the other plow in action lower photo first I am backing in to the start hole then tile is put into the boot and hooked to existing tile main top photo is pulling in that little white 4 inch tile beside the tractor unit . we install at around 40 foot spaceings and the plow depth is guided by the yellow mast sticking up .this is a laser reciver and can guide the plow to a foot in a thousand feet accuracy gradeThis unit has a 6.5 feet depth and 340 HP the other unit was 5.5 feet and 285 HP I also have two 400 Wolfe plows look those up [Wolfe Plow ]on line these are laser as well as GPS guided units The latest unit has cost me over $770.000 dollars new but they have a good return of investment .Farmers will pay around $1200 an acre to have tile instaled in this area .Even more$ down in the southern States.Farmers see a 35 to 55% yeald rase and can work the wet lands now turned dryer .I have sold to several contractors down there .Just do the math 1100 feet to the acre -2.5 miles per hour or 220 feet per minute [88 feet per minute is 1 mile an hour]when you arent backing up half the time =not a bad income !!I got both these units for sale in June and I have one just minutes from Port Huron Michigan .All three are just around the 40thousand dollar mark each. I will probably have to pay Lavoy a percentage of sales after this blog .Digitup