hauling wood with 3PT hitch

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

hauling wood with 3PT hitch

Post by Lavoy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:25 pm

I am posting this for Dave Seager.
Lavoy

This is a 3PT logging attachment that he has purchased. I am sure he will follow this post if any of you are interested in where he got it.
Lavoy

Dave Seager
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Dave Seager » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks much for posting this Lavoy.
Actually, I didn't "buy" anything but the grapple and that was second hand private sale! I built the boom myself and added the grapple later! It is attached to the boom with a weld on D-ring and a shackle. there is enough flex in this attachment so I am not bothered by turns, (the grapple can swing almost 90 degrees in either direction) The grapple hydraulics plug into a remote on the tractor. If any of you are interested in more info on this, just post a reply to this message. As I said to Lavoy, this would probably look better with JD yellow paint and mounted on the 350 crawler that I'm looking for!
Dave

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:32 am

Hi Dave-

I would like more information, as I have a Ford 4000 that I use to skid logs. Right now I either skid with chains attached to the drawbar or use a 3-point boom (which isn't as stout as your attachment).

Thanks
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment