Southern crawlers known as Lemon Sisters

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Dave Seager
420 crawler
420 crawler

Southern crawlers known as Lemon Sisters

Post by Dave Seager » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:39 pm

:lol: Hey KoO,
You need to get holes cut in those pads to let the snow out! :roll: :roll: 8) 8)
S-S :D
<www.kingofobsolete.ca/King_today_webpage.htm>[/img]

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Lucky you don't have the H or J series they are worse to strengthen .We just put good sized angle iron on them to strengthen them .I don't have any old G series around anymore but we strengthened them all that way .I made them solid enough that my one operater was day dreaming and didn't notice the dump truck backing in as he was backing down the pile .He put that right side back corner into the aluminum dump box and tore the box all to h*%% but never hurt the dozer .I have 4 ,J series dozers and the only thing that strengthens them is the angle of that back corner . they dont make them like they used to the one 550 J computer just decided that it was too cold at about -25 last winter to even try to worm up the transmision .So it sat there all day running not worming up or even remotely thinking of going any where and showing[too cold] on the computer read out . I contacted Deere and asked them what they did if it got real cold.I quickly got a chip straight from Mother Deere that plugs in between the sensor and the main computer this puts it in a extra warm up mode presuring the oil then dumping it till it warms up enough .At least you don't have to beat whits with a computer in the cold of winter with the G series they were good dozers. We use our three 550Js at the snow dump on the edge of town so they have to go when we go .I wonder what they would do in the great white north with these computer ran dozers it is considerably further up north there than I am .Digitup .

King of Obsolete
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by King of Obsolete » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:34 am

thansk, buddy barry bought a 1993 and 1999 650G to have no computers to worrry about. but everything else has become problem so they became known as the "Lemon Sisters".

these little cats are not made for the great white north or as rental machines. buddy barry is talking about putting them in a richie brothers auction. it would only be fair to the machine.
here is one "Lemon Sister" getting a bath and a quick service before heading out.

thansk
KoO
Published Author
Cat Trains forever or until the snow melts
www.kingofobsolete.ca
www.cattraintours.ca
card carrying member of the Writer's Guild

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:21 pm

Looks like a little TLC is what that unit needs the rad is a bit dirty .He had better get used to the newer dozers they don't take it like the old ones did I just traded a Pussy D4H series 2 for a new 650J Bamby last week and that D4H Pussy was computer ran and an even bigger lemon than any computer ran Bamby I have owned .I have the Cat dealer compeating against the Deere dealer pretty hard just to get a good price Deere got thinkin I was in the Brain Washed Bamby club so I am pitin them together but likein the Bamby deal and the stronger Canadian dollar .It dosen't show up as well with the Cat priceing . I get the engine heater option on the Bambys and hook it to a cell phone to remote fire up .It 's ok if you got cell towers .Our northern work is hit and miss on cell towers .You are probably even more on the miss side in the great white up there ah! .I hear you had some wild fires up there two weeks ago .Were they close to you KoO .Hope every thing at the kingdom was cool .Digitup.

King of Obsolete
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by King of Obsolete » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:55 pm

just a quick stop by, marketing at its finest.
buddy barry's d6d had problems with the front idler and tightener. so i popped it apart and will be working my magic with some up hand welding. also note a 650G known as one of the "Lemon Sisters" in the back ground. there is always a "Lemon Sister" in the shop, one is out and the other sister is in the shop getting love, LOL

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Cat Trains forever or until the snow melts
www.kingofobsolete.ca
www.cattraintours.ca
card carrying member of the Writer's Guild