440 ICD Rebuild: Ready for repairs

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
CAR
430 crawler
430 crawler

440 ICD Rebuild: Ready for repairs

Post by CAR » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Here is where I'm at. I have the trans., bell housing, reverser case, finals and steering clutch housings cleaned and sand blasted. I have the 2-53 disassembled except for the cam gears and balancers. I do need to remove these to clean the block and replace the seals and gaskets. I have removed all the gears from the transmission case to repair the chip in the case housing, as well I will replace all seals and bearings, the gears appear to have little wear. The differential and slines all look good.

The engine block.

Here are engine parts that need to be cleaned. The engine will get a valve job, crank reground, new pistons, rings, sleeves, and seals and gaskets.

Here is the dismantled trans.

Here is the chunk from the case that needs repaired, I have to preheat the case before brazing. Sorry about the out of focus pic.

Cleaned steering clutches and finals.

I hope to make my repair and start doing a little painting this weekend, at least get everything primed. I need to start putting something back together I'm running out of room.
Craig

carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by carolina crawler » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 am

Man, thats insane, you have so much disassembled at once, I am almost ready to start my crawler tear down, just lack of money has forced me to put on hold for a bit...love that grease...........great job.Mark Cc
1978 350b loader w/winch

CAR
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by CAR » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks Mark,
Ran all my engine parts through a parts washer, block too, it is nice to handle them without always having to dip in the hand cleaner.
I see you have ties to Marietta Ga. I live in Auburn, just NE of Lawrencville.
Craig