440 ICD

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Randynscottsboro
440 crawler
440 crawler

440 ICD

Post by Randynscottsboro » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:08 am

Getting closer, got the final drive, winch and fairlead, and track back on the crawler. This would have been much easier had I taken it apart, if it had not been sitting two years apart, had all the bolts been there, and if I had ever worked on one of these tractors before!!! Trial and error was the theme of the day. Cleaned the fuel tank, replaced the filter, little dose of ether and away we go, but not very well. Have stuck injectors in low fuel posistion. They will have to be freed up or replaced but other than that, all seemed well. I did move it forward and backwards, not major problems arose. The linkage on the winch is stuck and going to requir some attention and missing the seat mounting brackets. God only knows where those are at. Lavoy, do you have the mounting brackets that bolts to the transmission to the bottem of the seat? I have the deluxe model seat. I'll keep all of you posted to the trials and tribulations of the basket case or should I say bucket,,,that's what the parts were in.
Randy
2130 HFWD
1120 JD
Case SC
1846 Case skidsteer
2030 JD
450 JD
350 Case crawler
3110D Yanmar

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:40 am

Randy,
Yes, I have them new repro.
Lavoy

Randynscottsboro
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Randynscottsboro » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Progress, got the **#(%)^&$@@ thing running and moving like it should. Even pushed some stuff. When Lavoy gets me some seat parts I will be finished with the exception of getting the winch working again, but I don't plan to use it much anyway. Put new gauges on and it does have oil pressure which is always a good thing. the amazing part was when the track adjuster just turned freely with a wrench, I had presoaked it in panther pee.

The old girl is a far cry from the JD 550 I ran Friday and Sat at the plant clearing some underbrush an old fence row. A man could get used to the electric shift and throtle. Not to mention a very comfortable seat. On the other side of the coin, I didn't need a computer or and special tools to R&R the final drive & replace injectors on the 440 ICD and it didn't cost a zillion dollars. (YET) Life on the farm in ALABAMA is good today, but I am sure our prez will try hard to f#$( it up tomorrow.

Randy
2130 HFWD
1120 JD
Case SC
1846 Case skidsteer
2030 JD
450 JD
350 Case crawler
3110D Yanmar