Can't upload pics at site

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
lastchancegarage
440 crawler
440 crawler

Can't upload pics at site

Post by lastchancegarage » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:14 am

Ok...for those of us who are computer illiterate, how do you resize your photos small enough for the hosting service to accept them. I've shrunk mine to 600x663 and the file is still too large. :x any smaller and you'd have to put a micrscope up to the screen to see them. This is the first time I haven't been able to just attach photos to a message. How does one set the dpi of the pictures? I can find where it's listed in Microsoft Photo Editor but can't alter it at all. :evil:
Keep the tracks down and the torque up!!

1959 JD 440 ICD dozer
1959 Case 310B backhoe w/belly grader option
195? ATC GT-25 dozer
19?? Stow 1 ton roller w/rare cooler option!

JD40c
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JD40c » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:55 am

There are a number of free programs out there. Irfanview is one, GIMP is another. GIMP is fairly feature rich which may not be what you're looking for, but if you stick with it and learn the software, it can do pretty much anything you would want to do with an image.

If you decide to give GIMP a whirl, head to http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html and download "The GIMP for Windows" along with the "GTK+2" that matches the system you are using (Windows 2000/XP or the seperate download for Windows 9x). Install the GTK+2 program first picking all the defaults, then install GIMP, again picking all the defaults.

I haven't used the MS Office Photo Editor in a while so can't help with resizing pictures in it. Maybe another member can chime in with help.
1955 John Deere 40C 4-roller