It's coming together, part II things you'll find....

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
gus
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by gus » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:50 pm

I found a very nice original hydraulic oil tank. It cleaned up very nicely and I painted it :P

Then I got to thinking...when I removed the tubes, they were dirty and had a little rust on the bottom of each. Maybe I better give this thing a good rinse. I dumped in a bit of gas and swished it around. When I poured it out, it was black. Good thing I did that and I gave it another shot of gas and a swish...poured out black. Wow :? gave it another, poured out grey. Well, progress, one more time...as I swished, gas started running out the bottom of the tank :shock: :shock: :shock:

I remembered when I cleaned it and removed the paint, there was a rough spot that I brushed off as surface rust from sitting :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, then I thought back to the tubes and the rust on the bottom of them. I decided the whole bottom was probably shot and I might as well cut it off and replace it.

This is what I found and I'm posting in the details thread what I ended up doing.

gus
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by gus » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:37 pm

A word of advise :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are changing ANYTHING on your machine, look at everything around it. How it fits. What it attaches to. Other parts affected.

On this crawler I changed to the 4 bolt side frames. Doesen't look like much difference does it??

It affected:

Foot rests
Pedals
Sod pan
Brake rods

Maybe other things I changed had something to do with it, but in any case , look down the road. :wink:
Gus