JD Combine

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Pammark
440 crawler
440 crawler

JD Combine

Post by Pammark » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:23 pm

This is not a new style JD combine nor am I harvesting grain. I am harvesting scrap iron. Prices are up.

The bucket picked up the stripped header with ease.

Here is the dozer placing the header on the trailer.

Short iron on the truck brings a premuim while the long iron on the trailer is not much less. This load yeilded $612.

Of course I used the dozer to load up the gravity bed and stuff inside. This load yeilded $627. I also hauled a load of short iron only for another $487. Total for three loads of scrap iron was $1,726.

Mad Money

Mark
JD 2010 Crawler with Loader

Willyr
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Willyr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:18 pm

that auger looks as if it was used on concrete.
former owner of a 1956 420c
All help is greatly appreciated.

Proud owner of a project 1952 JD 60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFehqXVd9z4

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

My work blocks the photos, so couldn't see what combine model you scrapped.

If you run across an older JD 45 combine, they use an engine similar with and compatible to the engines in 2010 crawlers.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Howard Yoder
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Howard Yoder » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:06 pm

I thought you where getting ready to make a snow blower on the front of the dozer on the first picture LOL

Pammark
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Pammark » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:28 am

I have a New Holland TR-70 combine for parts as well as a good unit I use. This combine head is what I call the "junk head" because it was an older model that worked like junk. My current combine has an update to it using the newer style head. There were a few interchangable parts, that I scabbed off.

Funny thing about snow and combines. One day I was shelling corn on a frosty morning and light snow falling. I was honkin along with the ground partially froze, no ruts. Then I noticed shelled corn lying on the ground from my previous pass. I stopped and looked inside the combine separator and I had a large snow drift covering the screens. I had to cook the combine with a shop Nipco heater to thaw out the combine. What a drippy mess. Moral to the story; Combines and snow do not mix. One would think the snow would blow right on through. No, it accumilates.

The old gravity bed wagon was used for fertilizer at one time. I bought it at a sale. The inside never stopped rusting. I added large plates over the bottom and it finally got so bad, I thought it would burst a seam going down the road. Since I grow organic crops, all I needed was $7,000 worth of grain in the ditch to pick up. I paid only $225 for it years ago and got near that for scrap. I got to use it without incident for ten years or so for free. Not bad. I pulled out my large sheet metal patches and the rest of the wagon was like swiss cheese. By time the scrap yard had the rest of my small iron unloaded, the crane had the wagon bed squished to a pancake and stacked on the pile.

Mark
JD 2010 Crawler with Loader

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:50 am

Your theory on combining in snow is dead on as the combine is always a slight bit warmer than the snow and the snow sticks to the machine .I was told it is the ,,Whale shit to an ocean liner,, theory My newer Deere 9760sts is bad for that .The older machines were not quite as bad for this .It is best to run the combine when its real cold .Digitup.