Had a deal, it fell through, then it happened, 350 early one

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Had a deal, it fell through, then it happened, 350 early one

Post by Scottyb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:47 am

SN - T4E3D 010285

Look at this serial number, It is the 285 th 350 to come off the line. for some reason Deere started the serial numbers at 10000.
It spent it's entire life (until today) in South East Saskatchewan.
This crawler needs the undercarriage tightened up badly, bolts loose and misssing everywhere. However, it starts OK, runs smooth and turns both ways, as near as I could tell, in the few minutes of driving it before I loaded it on the trailer.

This photo was taken from the good side, on the other side, the outside bearing on the final drive is shot and the tilt on the sprocket is obvious, as well, the front roller has been replaced with one that is spoked???? At a glance it seemed to fit OK.

Image You can see loose bolts in these photos and the block on the crossbar is missing completly in the second photo! I did get the block though.

A 10 hour return trip to pick it up but, Still, It was a inexpensive addition to my little collection of crawlers needing a new home..

Scottyb

Crawlers are easy to buy...Coming up with a good new reason each time for the wife, thats the tricky part :roll:
450`s c-dozer 6 way, b-loader.
350`s c-loader + ripper, b-loader with winch arch. B-loader with dozer pads
backhoe attachment.
1010 loader with forks for round bales
a few 610 Bobcats. many attachments

JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Nice Unit

Post by JWB Contracting » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Ha, maybe you'll will have to look into a JDCrawlers franchise for Saskachewan?

It is nice to have parts to keep your crawlers in shape but this one will probably go into your working fleet.

I parted with a 350B loader with a case hoe (identical to your unit) this weekend as I was up to 4 350B's. Down to 2 outside mount dozers and one 6 way dozer machine but we will keep buying them up when the prices are right.

I think my dad is coming home with another green one today that will be going in the shed so I guess our crawler count will be back up anways.
Jason Benesch

John Deere 420, 430, 440 & 350C With 3 Point Hitch
John Deere 400G With Winch
John Deere 2010 Crawler Dozer
John Deere 420, 430, 435 & 440 Wheel Tractors

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:56 pm

I would like to have a 6 way dozer to fix up but here in Saskatchewan it seems like all I am seeing is loaders.
I do think this last one should be kept together, the undercarriage is good and all the loader pins are tight, and it is mostly complete although no belly pans again. It seems to be the thing out here to take off the belly pans.
I am assuming that many of these units were bought to clean corrals and did not need the pans
I think its cool that this 350 has such a low serial number but does it give it more value?

Your Dad does love green....
You are going to need yet another shed!

Scott
450`s c-dozer 6 way, b-loader.
350`s c-loader + ripper, b-loader with winch arch. B-loader with dozer pads
backhoe attachment.
1010 loader with forks for round bales
a few 610 Bobcats. many attachments