I bought it, but I havent brought it home yet my 450 6 way

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
kedorland
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by kedorland » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Looks like very interesting equipment to me.

Many options with the boom.

Tracked dumptruck would be useful here many times...well and just a hoot too. Appears it may be a fuel gobbler.....

Kevin from Iowa.
1975 450C. 1977 450CA loader, with winch and log arch. Is true..tracked equipment is addicting.

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Bryce...No..., they would only let me bring 40 lbs. unless it would fit into my golf bag!

I have seen a lot of construction here this past few days but not one crawler of any description. It is humid here (Huatulco) so I am wondering if they were never the construction equipment of choice?
Scott
450`s c-dozer 6 way, b-loader.
350`s c-loader + ripper, b-loader with winch arch. B-loader with dozer pads
backhoe attachment.
1010 loader with forks for round bales
a few 610 Bobcats. many attachments

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

It,s paid for but I havent brought it home yet ITS HOME

Post by Scottyb » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:26 pm

Kevin.... it usually seem that the more fun it is, the more fuel it uses! but I agree it would be a big hoot to drive. (dumpster)
Scott
backhoe attachment.

JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

450C ready for work yet

Post by JWB Contracting » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Scott,

You must be busy or it's been too wet on your side of the border to do any Dozer work. I thought we would have seen some pictures of the de-converted sideboom with the canopy from your non-running 450 Dozer already installed.
Jason Benesch

John Deere 420, 430, 440 & 350C With 3 Point Hitch
John Deere 400G With Winch
John Deere 2010 Crawler Dozer
John Deere 420, 430, 435 & 440 Wheel Tractors

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:02 am

Jason, except for a bit of parking lot improvements in my gravel compound where it is stored the dozer has been used very little. The boom is still attached as when I bought it and it has come in handy a few times as a crane for lifting equipment on and off my trailer.
I spent a great deal of time this past winter on my skidsteers pushing snow and fixing them as needed. We have not seen that much of the white stuff as long as I can remember. I have had enough of trailering the Bobcats back and forth so, I have bought one for each location. (home, 3 business locations and my cabin) so now I have 5. All the exact same 610 model from the 1970's. I just move the attachments around but, Richie Bros. has a sale coming up soon so, a grapple and another set of forks might come home then.
I had hoped to continue the storm clean up this past winter at my cabin but the depth of the snow made it too difficult and dangerous. So, this past month we were back to logging with the 350b and winch. I have things looking good now around the cabin and this winter we hope to find time to continue next door on my parents 10 acres. I have to admit I really love working in the forest with the 350/winch. The unit is still running strong and the winch is nothing short of amazing. One of the perks is, I never think about the day job when working with the crawler. I am hoping to build roads and start clearing lots for future sales once we get the last of the blown over trees removed. That will still be over a year away.
The first chance for the new dozer to get used might be this fall after we get a bit of frost in the ground, to push out stumps. I need some frost so the yard does not get ripped up by the pads but, not so much that the stumps wont come out. Also, I will have a chance to this summer to use 350c with the ripper and street pads to loosen up the roots some before the dozer has a go at them.
Are you putting up a new shop this summer?
Mine is not going to go up until next year as the new store is going to open and I will not have any time for it until then.
Say hi to your Dad for me,

Scott
backhoe attachment.