My New 350B Crawler/Loader

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
beakes
40C crawler
40C crawler

My New 350B Crawler/Loader

Post by beakes » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 am

Thank you JDCMB members!
While I was shopping for a new crawler/loader, I found this site and I became a smarter shopper almost instantly. I finally found and purchased this 73' JD 350B loader. Now I can start cleaning up the damage from hurricane Sandy.

The previous owner went through the whole machine changing all the fluids/filters and making adjustments as needed and then had her painted. The bottom has only 120 hours on it. She's a dream to drive compared with my AC H3. (My feet keep wanting to press the clutch and break pedals to turn.) She has the reverser, power steering, and return-to-dig features.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Here is another pic with my H3 in the background. We got the H3 twenty years ago and she still runs and drives but the bottom is now at 0%. (That makes it easy to put the tracks back on when they fall off.) She's going to be scrapped after a friend salvages the engine for his H3 dozer.

JD 350B Diesel Crawler/Loader
AC H3 Gas Crawler/Loader

kedorland
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by kedorland » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Nice machine.

Is that a Ford pickup under your machine in your first picture?

Kevin from Iowa.
1975 450C. 1977 450CA loader, with winch and log arch. Is true..tracked equipment is addicting.

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm

hes loading it on a trailer the tree branch kinda screws with your head.. at least it did mine at first
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper

kedorland
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by kedorland » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:26 pm

Thank you.

I could see the ramps but the balance of the metal eluded me.

I can see it now....and you're right the log messed with my observation (which is really easy).

A nice clean straight machine.

Kevin
1975 450C. 1977 450CA loader, with winch and log arch. Is true..tracked equipment is addicting.

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:47 pm

it screwed with my head for a while then it just popped and i could see the trailer :shock: yes it looks nice i hope its not just a DuPont overhaul :wink:
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 am

Beaks, if you are cleaning up wind blown trees, I would suggest you find a winch and a log arch. I put one on mine for the same reason and it is the best money I have ever spent.

Large trees leaning on each other create real danger as they do not fall in a predictable manner. I like cutting off the stump then pulling the untrimmed tree out to a clearing for processing and away from the other fallen trees.

you might need to add something to your pads for traction. Pulling trees in snow with a loader, you will slip a lot.

I saw an arch on this site last week, they are hard to find.

winches for the 350 are scarce as well but guys on this site might have one if you ask.

Scott
450`s c-dozer 6 way, b-loader.
350`s c-loader + ripper, b-loader with winch arch. B-loader with dozer pads
backhoe attachment.
1010 loader with forks for round bales
a few 610 Bobcats. many attachments

beakes
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by beakes » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Thanks for the comments.

- Yeah, that first picture is deceiving. That was delivery day.

- Thankfully, it is not a DuPont overhaul. The seller went through the entire machine before painting and selling. Great dealing with an honest and fair seller for once. The typical experience is - see ad on craigslist, call seller and told that the machine runs and drives great, drive a few hours to see the machine only to find major drivetrain problems, seller mad that I found the problems before buying.

- Scotty - Thanks for the advice. We have a lot of trees partially uprooted and leaning on others. Dangerous stuff. Like you said, start at the stump end of the mess and pull one tree out at a time. I like to pick up each tree by the stump with the bucket and drop it a few times to clean out the root ball (and fill the hole where the stump was). Then I cut off the stump and haul it to my stump pile and then process the rest. Snow doesn't last around here so traction is not a problem between storms.
AC H3 Gas Crawler/Loader

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Got many downed trees down there ?.I heard it was a big mess some places .A neighbor of mine works for Ontario Hydro he was on the line trucks down in that neck of the woods for two weeks he said some places there were were just wiped out sorry to see it was such a big mess I should send you down my latest play toy I got a TL40H wood mizer band saw you could slice up some of those logs into boards I had a mill several years ago but not like this machine it's built to make lumber I can see it will take some time to get on to this beast A good friend of mine makes band saws and he will hardly speak to me now I got a Wood mizer unit .Watch fallen trees as they are ready to spring any direction when cut That little Deere is a good looking piece of iron hope it works well for you and your Sandy clean up .Digitup.

beakes
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by beakes » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:50 pm

It's a mess here but nothing compared with the Jersey shore, lower Manhattan, or Brooklyn. We live on the top of a hill so the wind just swept the trees over, even took all the shingles off one side of my neighbor's roof! So thankful it all happened without much rain.

Checked out that wood-mizer website. That LT40H is some toy! (My wife said no before I even asked.) I always call around to see if someone wants the straight lumber before I cut and split it.
AC H3 Gas Crawler/Loader

beakes
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by beakes » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Loaded up my old AC H3 for parting-out/scrap. As you can see, she's a tired machine who gave her all and then some.

AC H3 Gas Crawler/Loader