New members first posting of 420C

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
pondhogvt
440 crawler
440 crawler

Re: New members first posting of 420C

Post by pondhogvt » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Reg,, I am not really into the restoration of old dozers as a hobby, I restore the newer but still old dozers to do work,, I never thought to restore one like I would a 1969 chevelle or mustang... that being said with no disrespect... your dozer is staggeringly beautiful,, absolutely awesome..

I don't normally look in this section of JDcrawlers but I will more now.. I don't know if any of you guys have ever read the magazine

Classic Plant.. it is from England.. they sold it for a time at our local tractor supply store,, then they stopped.. it is a fantastic magazine with restorations every month of old equipment and history of all the companies through the years.. really nice.. your 420 with your picyures of the rebuild and the rarity of the blade would make a great read.. and I think you should contact them... I love that magazine,,, and I remorse at all the years of history and knowledge I missed in back issues that I never knew about.. it takes awhile sometimes to know what they are talking about,, I have figured out that apparently "plant" in their English means construction equipment.. and they sometimes have American articles of rebuilds.. but most are from England,, I am sure they would relish your story... Probaly Lavoy has done a bunch of the older models through the years and I was just ignorant of it all..

with admiration and respect to all in this sector of JD Crawlers... Mark Courchaine.. pondhogvt
350 loader,350c dozer winch and arch,450c winch and arch,450e winch and arch,D37p komatsu lgp dozer,D85 Komatsu dozer,D8k Caterpillar.

Paul Buhler
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: New members first posting of 420C

Post by Paul Buhler » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Beautiful restoration. Mine will never look as nice, but I can appreciate the time and effort that you put into yours. Really like your winch rebuild. If only mine had a spider as clean. :-) Enjoy. Paul
Paul Buhler
Killington, VT
420c 5 roll with 62 blade, FOPS, and Gearmatic 8a winch