Snow equipment

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Steven Walters
440 crawler
440 crawler

Snow equipment

Post by Steven Walters » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:55 pm

http://s1174.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=0

I know they don't have tracks, but they have blades! Out of the 7 blades on the loaders my brother and I built 3 of them and modified 2. All are power angle.

whiteclipse16
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by whiteclipse16 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:38 am

Nice line-up.

Why don't you use pushers. I work for my buddy that plows parking lots. He has a bunch of trucks but also has a backhoe with 14' pusher, John Deere 6330 (I think) with 14' pusher and old kawasaki loader with a pusher.

The pushers work great, saves a lot of clean-up time, or if a truck is there they keep throwing the snow to one side and have a large windrow, then the pusher takes it away with one shot.
Ben

Great Grandpa's 1960 440ICD 602 blade
Between SN's: 455,633 - 456,801
Currently Rebuilding/Restoring

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:57 pm

I got two 16 foot pushers custom made that chain hook to the loader then turn them sideways and hook the left side to the right corner of the loader bucket and the right side hooks to the right stabilizer pad and you can take it sideways down the street this dose work good We have a 18 foot pusher for the 544J but it is too dam big It only works in one plaza when the snow really falls you can get the snow into piles fast then do the pushing or loading from there .In the right place I think a good angle blade is faster though .I always wanted to put a pusher or blade like that on a skid steer but I don't know where I could make it work It would be great in a crowded parking lot where the big stuff cant go I do love what they do to shopping carts :D Digitup.

Steven Walters
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Steven Walters » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:05 pm

I had pushers, I have 3 left if you want to buy one. The pusher never cleaned very well constantly adjusting edge. Cant push square to curb. A power angle blade is much nicer than a box. And the 12' blade on the skid steers is the cats ass by far!

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:48 pm

We don't have much call for pusher's but we keep the three we got busy when that Shit No One Wants fall's the narrower angle blades clean better and in that mall the 18 foot pusher is working on the flat that helps a lot when you are pushing that wide it has a rubber blade and if you do something stupid it can get dam costly fast .There are several catch basins that we work around if you hit them in the middle you are replacing the 120 dollar rubber blade so run a shoe over both sides and do quick clean up after with a F550 and blade I see you got one as well our F550's get a lot of use but with the big pusher heck it just clear's big area fast and that was what I got it for We run radial tires on the backhoes and both loaders for 30% more push even on ice they work great in this application and also road running as well .Digitup.

Steven Walters
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Steven Walters » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:19 pm

The shit no one wants must be a lot lighter than here, I had 14' box on 624H's and J's you couldn't take a full push for more than 50' if there were 5" or more it would stop the machine. And would leave just a thin coat of slush behind, now you have ice rink you have to spread a million $ worth of salt to melt! We run radials also, I wouldn't run anything else. We average 5000hrs on a set. I just had 8 tires caped with a pre cure casing for half the price of new will see how long they last. The 550 works well too, I took DPF off removed the EGR opened air box up put a programmer in it, fuel milage went from 6 to 12! and does mid 13s in 1/4 mile. As for shopping karts or anything else, if we break it we bought it. They love to try and back charge!