John Deere 350-B Crawler Loader

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
bent
440 crawler
440 crawler

John Deere 350-B Crawler Loader

Post by bent » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:41 am

I have known about this machine for a few years. The fellow that owned it wanted me to buy it but unfortunately he passed away a couple of years ago. Anyway, last year I negotiated a bit with his wife to buy but nothing came of it. Its home now. It needs some work but it is the first crawler I ever bought that I could drive on the trailer. Did a bit of work Friday.

Image[/img]

bent
440 crawler
440 crawler

Fixed

Post by bent » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:30 am

There I figured out posting pictures.

The crawler is all there, everything seems to work.

Some bads - it pops out of 3rd gear and the LH steering clutch is out of adjustment, possibly just the brake needs to be set up a bit. Lots of slop in the loader frame and bucket pins.

Obviously not loader pads and to make it worse, one side of them has been trimmed to make them fit :(

The goods are the rail and sprockets are ok, idlers ok, engine runs good and seems to have good power-starts good, no smoke, all the guages work, hydraulics work good

bent
440 crawler
440 crawler

Tried it out

Post by bent » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 am

This morning on a little project. The municipality took some dirt from my land and left the landscape off a portion of the road level with the road. I wanted a ditch so I went off about 15ft and made a trough then put one track up on each side and v-eed the ditch.

I think it needs pins and bushing and the RH clutch slips under load.

With all the play and looseness in the loader it is really hard to hold the cutting edge so it ends up gouging/riding up.

Fun stuff though - had all the neighbors over to see!

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:47 pm

from the location of the front idler i would agree about pins and bushings and i see you know that the tracks are not loader (with grousers tears up the ground a lot more) get the service manual (if you don't have it yet) and go through the steering clutch adjustments and hope it "only needs adjustments" as most sellers say :roll: :roll: .. you will get used to the sloppy bucket over time and have years of fun
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper

bent
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by bent » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:05 pm

I spent 3 hours today cleaning corrals with the 350. Not the fastest but you can get into lots of small spots that tractorcan't.

The neighbor came over and now he wants to buy it!!

Man you can't ever find these things and then you can't keep them!!

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:20 am

To add to what Richard said, the grousers not only tear up the ground but they give the loader additional grip which can be damaging to final drive components when handling heavy loads as crawler loaders are much heavier than dozers empty and can also carry additional weight in their buckets.

Loader pads have less tracton by design to let them "slip" when pushing into piles, etc. You will want to be careful when pushing into heavy piles or carrying loads to minimize shock loads to the drive components.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

bent
440 crawler
440 crawler

Another 5 hours

Post by bent » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:24 am

Well I logged another 5 hours on this machine. Pretty sure this sets a new record for me for using a JD crawler machine. Compounded by the fact that I have not laid a wrench to it!!! Needs: a hyd oil leak fixed an LHS track tightener rebuild

My typical mo is to bring it home dead, get it running or not) then someone "has" to have it and I never get a chance to move it.

I know this is show and tell but I was cleaning corrals and I didn't think anyone here would really want to see pictures of a big pile of shyte.