My latest project, 440/1010/whoknowswhat

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

My latest project, 440/1010/whoknowswhat

Post by Lavoy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:18 pm

A couple pics of the hyd system on the 440 I am working on for myself. Going to be a working crawler, no pretense of originality, or claims otherwise.
So far, it has been converted to 12 volts with alternator, 1010 rails with 12" snow shoes and fresh pins and bushings. I am in the process of adding a 1010 power 6 way and joystick in conjunction with the original dual hyd system. Rockshaft for 3PT hitch is already installed, but none of the arms or links. Engine has been ringed and new rod bearings, re built head and hyd pump, new radiator and 6 blade fan. The reverser is rebuilt, new engine clutch, both finals rebuilt with new steering clutches.
Kind of interesting, the crawler is a very late center throttle that was originally a Pilot Touch crawler. A few of the pilot touch parts were still on it, and it has pretty nice Pilot Touch decals on the back of the seat.

In the pic below you can see an original 1010 dual hyd box added onto the 440 fender with a joystick installed in place of the dual valve.

Just for the fun of it, I added an inline hyd filter in the return line and mounted it by the RH side of the engine.

I am trying to make it as clean of an installation as I can, don't want it to look cobbled on. Hoping it will be a nice using crawler when done.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com