KoO to be a TV seleb!!

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

KoO to be a TV seleb!!

Post by digitup2 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:24 pm

the King of Obsolete is premiering on the Ice Roads Truckers If any of you can get History Channel Our famous king KoO/Joey Barnes of Northern Manitoba is getting in the TV action Wed Oct 2nd at 9;00if you can get it for those who can't well Google History channel right after .Digitup.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 am

I have seen a couple episodes, what a hoot. They kind of short him on time it seems like to me. I wish they would fund pulling that one old Cat off the bottom of the lake that he has been wanting to do for years, now that would be a show.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Ya that would be a job Lavoy I have helped pull a D8H from the depths of a lake and it isn't an easy task at all But I would love to do it again .Not just any one can haul a load across a frozen lake with a truck but even fewer have done it with a crawler and lived to tell about it He dose well reality TV or not what he dose is not for every one but it is reality I have done ice crossings with a truck only a short distance and a tough old dump truck at that but I wouldn't be caught taking a crawler across the ice even after a good deep ice road is established That is as close to the edge of reality as I want to get.Digitup.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:02 pm

The one I like the best on his site is fishing for a D6 or whatever it was with a hook, and snagging a pad and lifting it out of the water.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

bent
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by bent » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:13 pm

I watched the ice road truckers episode last night and I was excited to see KoO. I follow his site everyday and that site was my motivation to learn how to weld.

When they set out with the cat train to recover that generator, i thought they would be going in to haul out a big cat power unit or something like that. I lol'd when they got there and they picked up a little throw-away POS that 2 guys could lift.

I have a D4 here that I was going to fix up but I am waiting for the king to come and pick it up with the screaming ford and the wicked winch, lol