My JD crawler,Nome Alaska

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Phill Rode
MC crawler
MC crawler

My JD crawler,Nome Alaska

Post by Phill Rode » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:52 pm

I recently picked up a crawler here in Nome Alaska and would love to find out what I have,I purchased it not knowing if it worked only that it ran when it was parked.One cold fall afternoon with a few hrs work and a few cold beers we were able to get it going and was able to drive it off the property,I had know idea that there were people who were into them.I think it would be a safe bet to say it's the farthest west crawler in all the Americas and quite possibly the farthest north or very close to it,the only numbers on the tag that are legible is a 91 on the left side and 427 on the left,came with forks and a bucket that I plan to use for mining gold on the frozen Bering Sea,pushing snow,pulling a dredge and ice blocks,and moving equipment and supplies.How do I upload photos from my mobile device,I'd love to share[/img]
Phill Rode Nome,AK

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Phill,
Welcome to the board. I have many customers in AK, but none as far North as you that I remember.
Pics have to be hosted at a hosting place like Photobucket, etc, then link to them here. Worst case, e-mail me the pics, and I can probably post them for you.
91 loader came on the 440's, so that is a possibility. Are we going to see you on Bearing Sea Gold?
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

Phill Rode
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Phill Rode » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:50 pm

If you've watched Bering Sea Gold Under The Ice You've probably seen me a time or two already,I've worked out on the ice mining on the shamrock with Shawn Pomrenke for three years and this will be season four but also I'm trying to venture out on my own eventually and slowly putting everything together for that,I'm excited to find out what I have so I can learn more about it,would love to email photos if you can tell me what is the best email address
Phill Rode Nome,AK

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:14 pm

That's cool, the kids and I watch all the time, I noticed Shawn has a widepad 350 on there occasionally.
E-mail me at postmaster@jdcrawlers.com and I will see if I can get them posted.
Lavoy

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:05 pm

How neat- you may be the furthest northern participant on this board. The other northern participant on this board from time to time is the King of Obsolete, and he was on another show (Ice Road Truckers).

FYI, if you can access Photobucket or another photo-sharing site you can post your own photos. The instructions are here:

http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/ ... php?t=3690
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

NWJD fan
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by NWJD fan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:08 pm

You may have the furthest west machine but think you are a little short for farthest north. There is a 68 350 loader sitting in a shed at an unmanned military facility at D'iberville Fiord on Ellesmere Island at around 81 degrees north. North east Canada just west of Greenland.

430c/440ic
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by 430c/440ic » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:01 pm

Did anyone else see our resident star 440ic loader on Bering Sea Gold Friday night?

cowboy4996
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by cowboy4996 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:24 pm

I saw it........and I completely forgot about this thread.
JD MC JD H JD L JD hit and miss engines

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:00 am

Yes, just watched it last night. Phil sent me several other pics of them diving in the ice and such, what a deal.
Lavoy