JD450 Injector Pump dripping a bit

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
kraigthomas
40C crawler
40C crawler

JD450 Injector Pump dripping a bit

Post by kraigthomas » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 pm

How critical of a problem is this and can I just tighten the lines or something? It is dripping from the connections to the body that go to the injectors. See picture,square surrounds problem area.

I also noticed what looks to be ?choke? cable is disconnected. The cable goes through the firewall and appears to go to the dash. Is that a choke? See picture, circle surrounds where I think the cable should go?

-Kraig
196? JD450 w/4-n-1 bucket and JD95 backhoe

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:16 pm

The throttle shaft dose wear after many years of work but you can replace throttle shaft bushing to seal this back up .It should be repaired soon as you can to keep your injector pump from contaminating its fuel and damageing pump and injectors .Now don't loose sleep over it but schedual it done as soon as you can .Check your fuel return tees as they leak and reintroduce fuel to the complete system over and over again as well .If you have a blower fan the fuel flys up and lays on the rad .Fuel and dust are an insulater and counter the cooling capacity in the warmer weather .That was something my old 450s were bad for keep that rad clean and the fuel from leaking it will be easy to keep things running better with no fuel leaks .What you call a choke leaver is a manual fuel shut off leaver and you should not need it as the wire going to the pump is to activate a fuel shut off solenoid valve when you shut the engine down this cuts power to the fuel solenoid and shuts the power off electricly doing the job that leaver normaly would do.Digitup.