Hoses

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
srshaw3
430 crawler
430 crawler

Hoses

Post by srshaw3 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:34 pm

I bought this JD450B several months ago, with deferred maintenance. I had the steering clutches replaced and a few other things. I have been using the machine a bit, but keep blowing out hoses. There are many hoses in bad shape, unfortunately the shop that did the work didn't point it out to me. I have asked for the cost to have them replaced on my property or if it had to be moved back and forth. Apparently I need the repair more than they need the business because I don't get a response.

I replaced a loader hose that blew, then replaced a backhoe hose that blew. I bought an extra of each and need those installed. I also just had something blow between the crawler and backhoe, as the fluid was nearly pouring out. I couldn't see what was broken, and like to let the machine settle for a while before I start crawling around and under it.

I am hoping to get there this weekend. Anyone in, or near Gilsum NH, that wants to change, or help change hoses? I am willing to pay someone for their time and expertise.

srshaw3
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by srshaw3 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:37 pm

So today I looked and found one of the main hoses from the crawler to the backhoe is broken. This is one of the two hoses that has the quick connectors. I suspect I can change it by removing the seat. Is this the best way to do so?

Hopefully I can get order both hoses with the quick disconnects based on part description. Does anyone know whom best to contact for that? I can try my local John Deere dealer.

shinnery
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by shinnery » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:33 pm

The quick disconnect end should just screw off the hose. Whenever I blow a hose on my tractors I just take it off and take it to a local hydraulic dealer, I use McCarty Equip. in Abilene, lay it on the counter and say I need one just like this only not leaking. They take it in the back room and in a few minutes come back out with a good hose the same length or shorter or longer, whatever I asked for, ready to be installed on my tractor.
Bryce
:)
No trees were hurt in the creation of this message.
But, many electrons were terribly bothered.

440IC/602, 2-440ICD/831 MM UBU-LP, 445N-LP, 445E-LP, BIG MO 400-M, 4 Star-LP M5-D, M5-LP, M602-LP, M670-LP, G900-LP, G900-D, G1000 Vista-LP Case 580CK

srshaw3
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by srshaw3 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Bryce,

Thanks for the comment.

I have already replaced a couple of hoses, so do understand that routine, but as I couldn't get it off today, and the dozer is 80+ miles away, I am hoping I can get the replacement before going back.

Do you know if the seat can be removed for easy access to those hoses? Or if not, what is the best method.

srshaw3
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by srshaw3 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:06 am

Just a follow-up for anyone who might be a similar newbie, learning as they go. The seat cushion comes up and allows access quite easily, it isn't bolted down.... I discovered this after not being able to find bolts :)

Someone suggested the side panel access, and sure enough they were right, the hose comes up under the seat and connects inside that panel to a manifold. THe hose came off relatively easilty. At least so easily that I had time to remove two old looking stabilizer hoses too, so my first preventative maintenance hose change :)

I am a learning newbie!