350c steering clutches

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
motorworx
40C crawler
40C crawler

350c steering clutches

Post by motorworx » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:59 am

I have a 350c, and i had both steering clutches and tranny out and now that im putting it back together i cant rember how the self ajustment spring and screw went on the clutches and brake band if someone has a pic or a website i could look at it would be much appreciated.

thanks

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 am

JDpartsonline will have the exploded view.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:05 pm

I don't remember which way the springs face. Sorry but I have slept several nights sense I last worked on one of these. However I do remember that the springs are mounted in the same position on both sides. There is no right and left, they just mounted the pins on the same side of the brake bands. So... one side will be to the outside of the band and the other side will be to the inside. I know this isn't much help and I hope it makes sense. I think I remember them being, left side is toward the final drive or the outside of the band and the right side is toward the transmission or the inside of the band. The springs mount the facing the same way on both sides. Make any sense? :D
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.