350b angle cylinder question!

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Hendersonccarpentry
MC crawler
MC crawler

350b angle cylinder question!

Post by Hendersonccarpentry » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new to the registry here but i've been surfing old posts for quite awhile on fixing up my old machines. Its been very handy so thank you! I recently picked up a 1971 350b that had been quite abused down in ohio and brought it back up to ontario. I've already rebuild one final and both steering clutches, made new pistons for the track adjuster, re wired it. etc etc etc!!! the only thing i have left to do besides shim out the blade to take out the slop is to get a proper angle ram to put back on it (one was a lift cylinder, shorter stroke) so my questions is does anyone know if the angle cylinder is a two stage or a singles stage cylinder? I can't find any after market ones so i was going to get one made up.

Also anyone who hasn't put on a new gear reduction starter on yet i seriously suggest it. You'll never hear your tractor start up to life so quickly (with no added help of ether) before!!

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Hey, Welcome to the forum... I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Two Stage" The cylinder you need will be a Single stage, dual action cylinder. In other words it has power out and then power back in. Make sense? If not let us know and maybe myself or someone else can explain it better.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

Hendersonccarpentry
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Hendersonccarpentry » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Ah dual action thats what i meant sorry. okay i just wanted to make sure. thanks alot for the help
1971 John deere 350b
2008 Kubota L39