JD350 Found in forest.....free....at first.

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
theman.75
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by theman.75 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi, new to this forum and a little late on commenting on your "free" crawler. I have a 350D (originally LGP) that I spent more time putting chains back on then pushing with so I ripped it apart. I live in Chesterfield, MA. not to step on Lavoys toes but for used parts I have been dealing with P B & H Equipment in Antrim, NH on Rt9 1-888-588-3005, Brian is very knowledgable and helpful. He had cross members to narrow the machine and all the assorted parts I needed when I found all the carnage underneath. For new chains, sprokets and top rolls i used K & W Equipment 1-260-450-3981, not sure where they are located but great prices and shipping was DIRT cheep, under $200 for 1000lbs of steel. Someone on the forum asked about painting, I bought "transport yellow" from TSC, about $35 gal, pressure washed the machine, blew 2 coats on (no primer) and it looks great. Color is damm close to original and this machine is used to clear my property for building a house, not a show machine. I hope that someone will get some usefull knowledge from my post as I have gotten lots of help reading other posts on this site

Randy Richards
420 crawler
420 crawler

1010 is gone thanks Lavon

Post by Randy Richards » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Let us start at the beginning, I bought a good deal on a Blown up motor on a 1010 diesel for 2500, 2 g. Here 3 g there and after a few years. I find myself behind $10,000. I kept it for 15 years fixed everything and after it all was said and done my brother ask if I wanted to sell it. Well I gave it away for 3 k, so if your are thinking it will be ok, it will all come out in the wash, just not as well as you expect in the end. You should have a lot of CASH on hand to keep this hobby. But I also would like to thank Lavon for the parts he supplied. It was a different kind of trip. By the way you will need 3/4 inch drive and sockets and very large wrenches. A big.. A bigger... And a very large hammer/ sledge. Randy

Willyr
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Willyr » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:14 am

Pictures............. well you know the rest.
former owner of a 1956 420c
All help is greatly appreciated.

Proud owner of a project 1952 JD 60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFehqXVd9z4