HELP! 350 died on me

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
drewparsons
420 crawler
420 crawler

HELP! 350 died on me

Post by drewparsons » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:26 am

I was loading gravel and filling in French drain, the dozer was running fine, I had dropped a load and was going back for more (the pile is 70 feet away) and I decided to change from 2nd gear to 3rd gear, once I got to the gravel pile and scooped a load up, I was leaning to the left to see and my knee hit the off switch (the previous owner had replaced the switch with a push pull type switch). I then hurried and pulled the switch back out but the dozer still died. After that it would not start, I hit it with one shot of ether and it did fire. Any suggestions? it was running at full throttle when I killed it.

MarkW
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by MarkW » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:07 am

There is a chance you may have broken the switch. When it turns on can you hear a "click" from the injection pump? If you can measure voltage or have a test light, use it on the terminal.

Next simplest thing to do is just try shorting the switch out with a piece of wire, then if it starts up you know to replace the switch.

You could also run a long wire from the battery + to the injection pump solenoid connection to see if it starts. You could even just use a pair of jumper cables and just have someone touch the + to the terminal, that is about as quick and simple a way to test it.

Good luck!

silverrex4
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by silverrex4 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Make sure you check the connections for the push button. Sometimes they get rusty and loose. I have a stump grinder with an old Wisconsin Motor, battery was all charged up and it ran perfect the day before but just wouldn't start. Turned out the connections behind the push button were loose and with the built up paint from previously repainted it just lost connection. Let us know how u make out. Goodluck