Finally won an auction!

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
amos
430 crawler
430 crawler

Finally won an auction!

Post by amos » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 am

Hi folks. Just wanted to share some good news. I finally won another auction(I'm "thrifty" and as such bid tight) on a 1979 JD 410 backhoe. Rubber tired and it's about as ugly as can be. Oil squirting out of most of the hydraulic lines,most cylinders need re-packing,and did I say it is about ugly as can be?
She runs and moves with full function of loader,backhoe,tranny,reverser,brakes,and when you look past the ugliness she has good bones with no repair welds and potential. And I have a new project. Woo-Hoo! :D
With transport it is $5200.00 and I'll keep good records on repair costs on this project.
Tech note: the injection pump is leaking diesel externally through the o-rings seals on linkages. When you see this(caused by low sulpher diesel degradation of the rubber compound on the old O rings and new O rings are not affected) it is prudent to remove and at least replace all seal rings. If it's leaking externally it may well be leaking internally along the gear drive shaft and you can contaminate the engine oil with diesel and you could ruin a good engine.
Amos