350 Loader Clutch Replacement: Tips & Tricks

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Kzinti
MC crawler
MC crawler

350 Loader Clutch Replacement: Tips & Tricks

Post by Kzinti » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:53 am

Started work on my old 350 loader, but Life laughed at my plans, as Life often does. Ended up having surgery, and on light duty for a few months here, but I'm looking forward to getting back to work on it. Previous to the surgery, I found a couple minor things to take care of, such as hose replacements, new kill cable, ignition switch, and even a new seat. I've also got the ripper working, but noticed the keeper tabs that slide into the ripper slots that hold the shanks in place are missing. Anyone know of a template to make them, or somewhere they can be purchased?

The one big item on my list is the left hand clutch appears to be rusted up, and most likely will need to be replaced. I've read through several posts here to get a heads up on the scope of work to do so, but any unwritten tips or tricks would be much appreciated. Also, I noticed that John Deere appears to be really proud of their clutch spare parts. Are there any solid aftermarket kits with clutch rings, pads and a brake band, that won't fall apart in a year, that won't cost my firstborn? Thanks in advance!
JD 350 Tracked Loader w/ripper

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 350 Loader Clutch Replacement: Tips & Tricks

Post by Jim B » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:39 pm

Contact Lavoy for parts. His business is working on these JD crawlers. He uses and sells parts for them so you can be sure he uses, and has, quality parts for them. Cheap parts can mean rework which I'm sure Lavoy doesn't want, as he has said many times. You can reach out to him if you are having a problem with something you get from him and get technical advice, something not available from most, if any, of the "less expensive" (cheap) internet sources. Also he provides this site for our use. JMHO.
Jim