GilSzabo
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD350 loader/crawler with 3315 winch

Post by GilSzabo » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 am

I have a JD350 crawler/loader
I believe it is a 1967 Ser # 89227
It has a winch installed and always worked well
I just replaced one of the final drives and steering clutches and had some of the hydraulics rebuilt.
The winch worked long ago and didnt work before i started this project
Rebuilding the spool valve did not cause it to start working again.
Upon inspection i find the PTO shaft going into the winch is not rotating
I moved the lever by my left foot when seated as operator into the engage and disengage position and PTO shaft still not rotating.
The lever feels as if the fork in the transmission is moving something inside transmission
How do i fix this?
Would love and easy fix

Thank you so much

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: JD350 loader/crawler with 3315 winch

Post by Jim B » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:08 pm

Welcome to the Boards.

You posted the PTO control handle is moving and it feels like it is moving something inside. Confirm the handle is moving the shaft going into the transmission. Also, that the PTO shaft is not rotating (confirm it is the shaft out of the tractor that is not turning, not just the winch shaft not turning, the couplings to the PTO/powershaft have been known to strip out). If those things checkout, it sounds like you need to drain the transmission oil, remove the winch and pull the PTO shaft out to see what is going on inside. It may be the pin in the coupling on the inner end of the shaft failed and the coupling is out of place. Or it might be more, but that is a starting point. Your John Deere 350 (straight) service manual (JD publication number SM2063) will have info about the PTO shaft arrangement and the winch.