Mounting a 9300 backhoe

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Gaurmer
MC crawler
MC crawler

Mounting a 9300 backhoe

Post by Gaurmer » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:38 pm

Before I get started on my project I’m looking for a little insight. I’ve got a 550G and just bought a 9300 backhoe. First will it work on my dozer? I have rippers can I use those mounts or are they to low? Is there anything I need to do to the hydraulics to make it work. The hoe has 2 bigger lines with quick couplers.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Mounting a 9300 backhoe

Post by Jim B » Wed May 01, 2024 10:14 am

Welcome to the boards.

I don't have a good answer for you. The 550G parts Catalog does not include a backhoe as shown for earlier models. The G series is somewhat different than earlier crawlers. A John Deere brochure on a 550G shows the hoe as optional equipment, but no model number for the hoe. I did find a 9300G backhoe in the parts catalogs online. My guess is that would be the model that actually fits your 550G crawler.

You can use the online parts catalogs to compare the different models. Here is a link to it if you don't have it.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mounting a 9300 backhoe

Post by Lavoy » Fri May 03, 2024 8:39 am

Unless you crawler is a factory hoe capable crawler, I would say no. It is not a function of the J hooks on the back, it is hyd pump flow, diverter, and if your J hooks are braced to take the torque of a backhoe.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com