350B wont run

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
jadbf150
MC crawler
MC crawler

350B wont run

Post by jadbf150 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:09 pm

Hello everyone, Ive been a logger for a couple of years now but this is the first deere I've ever owned. It is a 350B with the diesel motor. The problem is that the second time I put fuel in it started to run poorly. So I changed the filters and put new fuel in. It then seemed fine, but after an hour of running or so it started sputtering and shutting off. Since then it would run long enough to go 50 feet then shut off, like someone had turned the key off, then start right up and do the same thing in 50 feet. Just recently I had removed the tank and cleaned it and installed a new primer pump on it. Now it doesn't seem to want to run at all. It'll start for a coupl seconds and then quit. It seems that everytime I check the bleeders on the filters they have air in them. I would think that the air would be gone after priming and bleeding for an hour but, I gues you never know. I am thouroughly confused at this point. i just curious if anyone has any ideas on what this could be. Im to the point where I think it might be worth a new injection pump, but I dont want to waste the money if it could be something simple Im missing. Any ideas or comments would be greatly apppreciated. Thanks

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:44 pm

If you are getting air in the system something is not right check the filter and see if it is on right and bleeder screws are tight .Older Deere injector pumps don't pass air worth a darned so check all fittings and filter seats .Digitup.

mini kahuna
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by mini kahuna » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:15 pm

did the machine run until you filled the tank the first time?
are you following the procedure for bleeding the system,follow the manual if you have one,digitup is right that setup can be a sucker to get the air out of.
my 1010 refused to prime for me,I had to pressurize the fuel tank"about 5 psi" and then open the fitting going into the injector pump and finally burped out the air pocket in the lines,you shouldn't have to go to that extreme.
1010 loader

CatD8RII
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CatD8RII » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:57 pm

I know you might have done this but did you clean the outlet screen in the fuel tank? Hes behind the shut-off vavle on the fuel outlet line. Tough to see if you dont know hes there beforehand.

jadbf150
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by jadbf150 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:16 am

Thanks for all the advice. This machine did run good until I put fuel in it. I think the new fuel being dumped in stirred up all of the crap in the tank. I guess I'll try to bleed it some more this weekend. I don't have a manual, but I'm guessing I'll have to bleed the lines to the injectors and everything? I had to do this once with a Long tractor I had, so I'll try that same procedure with this. Thanks again, I'll let you know how i make out.

Farmboy
420 crawler
420 crawler

Clogged sscreen?

Post by Farmboy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:08 am

I had a similar problem on the 450C. The screen Cat referred to was clogged big time. It is behind the valve at the base of the tank. It screws out.

jadbf150
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by jadbf150 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:43 am

Thanks for all of the advice. Unfortunately, the injector pump was the problem and is currently getting rebuilt. Hopefully, should have it back together by next week, starting to run out of flat enough ground to run the skidder on.