ZZZJZD350 winch adjustment

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
karsonb
MC crawler
MC crawler

ZZZJZD350 winch adjustment

Post by karsonb » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:20 pm

I have been running a 350 with a JD winch. Fluid level is up, is there any adjustment to the winch that will make it pull a little harder? it will barely pull the cat when sitting on level ground, hooked to a stump or tree, with the brake off. I hope that there is an adjustment that can be made to tighten the clutch or something? The brake is strong, no slipping there, and the free spool works good too. The winch was stronger when I started using it( maybe 12 truckloads of logs ago), and has gradually gotten to the point where it is now. It still pulls, just not as strong.

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:13 pm

The 350 uses a smaller winch I think it is just a scaled down version though I have never been into one of them .I had a 640 skider with the 3325 series and I bought a 450C with a 3325 just for the winch unit and installed the winch on my 550 then onto my550A and 550B dozers . It balanced them up perfictly .Now the skider winch sliped so I set it up .That was 15 years ago!!I dont rember how I set it up though.I had it in a manual some place and cant find it! [not even 50 and my minds gone] I know there is not a lot of adjustment but it works and worst case those clutches are easy to change. When they start to slip they just get worse .Set them up as early as posible or you may not be able.Digitup.