John Deere 690B crawler excavator

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
racingjoe66
40C crawler
40C crawler

John Deere 690B crawler excavator

Post by racingjoe66 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi guys I looked at a 690A excavator with 4,100 hours and wasn't too thrilled with it, the drive sprockets were wore bad, most of the track pad pins had at least a 1/4" gap and the boom had 2 cracks on it. Other than that the machine was a good runner. When I inquired to General Gear & Machine in Boise, ID the guy there said stay away from the 690A, the undercarriage wasn't reliable to go to the 690B instead. This guy wanted $12k and went down to $10,500 before I showed up to look at it, after finding the damage he wouldn't drop down anymore. Which that price seems pretty steep for it to me.

I have now found a 690B locally and thinking on buying that with around 2,100 hours. It's a great runner in great shape. I haven't looked at it personally yet. The boom was cracked @ the bend on the bottom side like the 690A but has been repaired proffesionaly & plated. And he says the undercarriage is around 70%. Not all the gauges work, just the oil pressure & water temp (exact same as the 690A for gauges) is that normal for the hydraulic & fuel gauge to not work on these? Is there a wire they all have in common? He wants $14,000 which to me seems pretty steep, it has the long levers for controls too.

What do you guys think of the 690B and are the undercarriage parts from the C, D, E all the same as the B?

thanks