JD 350 value

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
panhead
40C crawler
40C crawler

JD 350 value

Post by panhead » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:01 pm

The neighbor has a JD 350, for sale.
They don't know what to ask, and I don't know what to offer.
Its a loader dozer, with a brand new rebuilt 3 cylinder, diesel. I talked to the guy that rebuilt the engine, he said it had a broken piston, so they replaced everything.
Drive sprocket and idler sprocket are new, feels to me like the pins and bushings have no wear. Not leaking around the final drives, she's in pretty decent shape, although the hour meter showed 1860 hours, I'm guessin she's been turned over at least once.
So what we have is a garage kept JD 350, that's 45 years old, with atleast 11,800 hours. lol
Newer than my 420, and my 1010.
I think it will fit in my pole shed. lol
Were these a good dozer, or prone to certain problems?
Thanks
Jim

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Doubt it has rolled over, just most likely quit at some time in it's life. You say loader dozer, it is one or the other, but not both, and that effects value. Also depends on straight, B, C, etc as far as model.
With a rebuilt engine and good undercarriage, you have quite a leg up to start with.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

panhead
40C crawler
40C crawler

JD 350 value

Post by panhead » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:07 am

Lavoy;
It's a straight 350, no letter designations at all.
It has a bucket/loader setup on the crawler. Sorry about the "dozer' terminology, but everyone around here calls them a dozer, and no matter what brand they are, they are all called "cats". lol
It does not have a blade.
It moves forwards and backwards in all 4 gears, and the reverser works.
The hour meter could be broke, although I do know the guy used it to load sand and gravel out of his pit, for better than 25 years. 8-10 yards at a time. He had a small truck. lol
Don't know where, or who it came from before.

I know what you mean about a leg-up. You replaced the pins/bushing on my 420, but I either rebuilt or replaced almost every moving part on the crawler, including rebuilding the engine. So I now have about 7-8 grand into a dozer that's worth 4. I'm scared to use it, she might break! lol

I wouldn't mind scoring the crawler, but I get the feeling that this 90 year old lady(Bess) wants a lot of money for Daryl's crawler.
I know she didn't like the prices I, and the engine mechanic came up with.
One thing I've learned is that no matter how much coin I have into any old "vehicle", they are only worth so much. lol
I do know where there is a super nice JD 440 with a blade, maybe I just better go after it. lol

Thanks again
Jim

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:00 am

If it potentially has that high of hours, I would be thinking of a lower price range. Then if it loses something catastrophic, you at least can use it for parts. My guess would be $5000 or under.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

panhead
40C crawler
40C crawler

JD 350 value

Post by panhead » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Lavoy;
That's the price I came up with too.
Thanks again
Jim