450c hauling

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Willie B
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Willie B » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:10 am

I often see haulers flagged for violations. I hear the stories of being fined heavily for dirty taillights, or mismatched tire tread. In VT, several varieties of police contact AOT experts who like nothing more than burying us in fines for minor violations. Here, a BMW driver can get away with murder, a truck driver might do prison time for a heavy load!

I have a young friend living, and working on Martha's Vineyard. He came to VT driving his bosses 2009 C55, (20,000 GVW). In VT this is a non CDL vehicle. Since it came from another state, he needed a CDL. They flagged the vehicle. He had to get a ride to my house, I had to go with him 70 miles to retrieve the truck. Then I had to drive it to the state line before he could return to the island. All this plus a fine! This guy is more qualified to drive a truck than I. He lacked the paper to prove it.

I don't know where you live, if laws are anything like VT don't mess with AOT!
An optimist is usually wrong, and doomed to disappointment. he is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, delighted to be wrong, and is well prepared.

north country dozer
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by north country dozer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:41 am

Been a long time since I signed in. Thanks for the valuable info guys. I ended up hiring a hauler. Luckily, it's only across the street from another property of mine, so in the near future gonna arrange a crew to help stop traffic and plank it across the street!!! Lol