350 pad measurement

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
speedbear
420 crawler
420 crawler

350 pad measurement

Post by speedbear » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:34 am

I have noticed my 350 crawler/loader seems to spin/slip a lot, on soft ground.
It appears the track pads are worn down. I have found new track chains & pads to replace these. What is the height on new pads? So I can compare to the worn ones I have now. The pads are the 3 bar version. My current pads are approx. 1/2" height.

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Slipping is engineered into the machine on a loader. Without it you will be putting big stress on the undercarriage, reverser, and steering clutches.

Having said that, I have a 350b with dozer pads and I like it a lot! It is easy however, to toss a track on a turn, and I know I can stall it dead when pushing a load with the bucket. So I go easy on it and do not let anyone else drive that one. It gets used only occasionally for digging rocks or pushing up burn piles etc.

As well, in packed snow the street pads are all but useless. To overcome that problem I install two 5/8 hardened bolts into every 9th pad (I used to do more but 9th works well) for logging and it works very well. So well that it will cause the clutches to slip if a log digs in in 2nd or 3rd gear so it could do damage in a hurry. If you do this, make sure the bolts do not extend under the pad much past the nut or, they hit on the bottom of the rock guards and are near impossible to remove after. I will try to attach a photo.

450`s c-dozer 6 way, b-loader.
350`s c-loader + ripper, b-loader with winch arch. B-loader with dozer pads
backhoe attachment.
1010 loader with forks for round bales
a few 610 Bobcats. many attachments