350 injector pump leaking

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
gerald
440 crawler
440 crawler

350 injector pump leaking

Post by gerald » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:13 am

I have roosam-aster pump 1348832 CBC331 serial number 6AL2500 its leaking diesel from throttle control cap. How much skill and work is involved to stop the leak? I have installed a ball valve at the primer pump to shut the fuel off it has gotten really bad and leaks all the time . I have not seen any raise in the oil leveal. I need to repair the fuel leak.
1970 350 crawer/loader 93a back hoe

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:39 am

I'm sorry to say I have absolutely no experience with the CBC Rossa Master pumps. Personally I would find the procedure for removing the thing and take it to the pro's for repair. I have had some guys tell me they are pretty simple but I have never had one apart. These CBC pumps predate my experience a couple of years. All the 350's and other equipment we had that used Roosa Master pumps were all the DB or JDB series.
Some of these other guys may be able to help or you can dig in the archives here on this site. I know this issue has come up before. Good Luck!!
Last edited by LeonardL on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

gerald
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by gerald » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Thank you Leonard. I have googled my injector pump and haven't found the rebuild kit. My services manual isn't that much help with parts.

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:56 pm

This much I do know... the CBC's are hard to find parts for. However most rebuilders do have the stuff needed in most cases. I think they may have cornered the market on them knowing they were going to become scarce. I would call around to a few rebuilders and see what you can find. Once you get this fixed you most likely will never have another issue with it.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

gerald
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by gerald » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:52 pm

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Jdemaris used to comment on here as well. He is no longer a member of this forum but there are several of his posts still available. I agree that this link to Jdemaris is great and makes perfect sense. Everything he has said in this older post is spot on. No argument there. However the problem is, this post is old, as in 2008 and the availability of the kit Jdemaris is talking about may no longer be available. I'm thinking it's not. Which leaves you with either trying to fix the leak yourself or as bad as we all hate to, take it to a rebuilder. Jdemaris is correct in what he said about rebuilders as well. Sometimes they do actually rebuild a pump by actually replacing bad parts with new ones. However most of the time the "Rebuild" is nothing more than new seals and maybe a flex ring with a new coat of paint. Then they soak us for 800 bucks for a rebuild.
If you have the mechanical ability and want to try and fix this yourself, then you will need to look for Jdemaris's and others archived posts on here to find the information to fix your leak. I figure if nothing else you can always take it to the pro's and have them fix it. I've never been in one of the CBC pumps. I've only been in a very few DB or JDB pumps as well. Where I worked it was faster to get an exchange pump and get the machine back on line rather than have me and the other guys do the rebuilding. Now that I have been in a few of them I see where we spent a lot money where we didn't have to.
Sorry I can't be of more help. If we lived closer I would be glad to go in it with you and we could both learn something. Good luck and keep us posted.

gerald
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by gerald » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:56 am

It even gets worse. I called discount tractor the discount from them is $ 895 that is sending my pump in to have it rebuilt. They have parts but wont turn loose of them. I see on Ebay ejector kits for my year crawler year is it possible that some of those kits have the same seals? I haven't had any luck finding a PDF for injector pumps on any crawler. I think the parts can be improvised with a good cat or JD o ring kit.

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:10 am

Well... That's about what rebuilds are averaging these days. The way I see it is if you have some ability, then go for it. At this point what do you have to loose. Most of the O-rings used in these pumps are nothing special other than maybe size. So you may well find an O-ring that will work and fix your issue. I wouldn't think that a kit for any other series pump would help you much. Probably be out a lot of cash for a simple o-ring fix. I will dig around and see what I can come up with as far as a source for your parts or a kit. No promises but I will look.

gerald
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by gerald » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Leonard Thank you, if you find any contacts I will interested in them all. I have been using my crawler every day for a scaffolding built off the bucket, I'm building a 20 by 40 lean from 2 7/8 drill steam for my 35 ft toyhauler. It was 22 last night and I didn't get the crawler started till it warmed using 2 batteries and a charge, after it gets going its a really precision machine.