450c winch drive/spool valve rebuild

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

450c winch drive/spool valve rebuild

Post by B Town » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:36 pm

Im getting ready to remove the 3325 winch from the 450c. I have been unable to find part #'s for the winch drive bearing/seal/gasket and the parts needed to rebuild the spool valve. I have tried my operators manual, service manual and parts manual. I did find some info on jdpc.deere.com in the 350c section, but i do not know if they are the same. I know my winch now has a spool valve. Can anyone help me with this info. I would like to have parts on hand for the removal/repair and replace. Thank you. Bruce

NWJD fan
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by NWJD fan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:25 pm

Have you tried jdpc.com the John Deere online parts catalogue? Enter 3325 in model search which will take you to 922-450 crawler tractor with 3320 or 3325 winch, choose sectional index go to section 40 winch go to sub section 23 3325 control valve which should get you part numbers for your spool valve. Winch drive parts in the transmission may require you to search in the transmission section. Hydraulic components like the control valve may no longer be available from Deere but much of this stuff is vendor supplied and may be available from a heavy duty equipment hydraulic shop. This is how I aquired a replacement valve section for my JD mod 92 backhoe attachment. No longer available from Deere, readily available from a distributor for Commercial Valve co who made it for Deere.
Hope this helps. Happy New Year to all from NW British Columbia

pondhogvt
440 crawler
440 crawler

450c winch drive

Post by pondhogvt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:55 pm

the outer winch drive bearing is jd7145, gasket is t12405 and the rear seal is at11676,, all these parts are at the rear of tranny where pto sticks out of dozer,,, just so we are on the right page..

I have no info on the spool valve... but most parts are just o-ring seal or quad ring seals... easiest just to take apart and match up the seals with whatever will fit.. unless the spools themselves have been all scraped up.. but I doupt that in this application as the spools only travel around an inch in either direction,, there are plenty of kits you could buy once you have an idea of the diameter you are dealing with.. I use the quad ring kits in this type of valve where possible..

good luck,,, Mark.
350 loader,350c dozer winch and arch,450c winch and arch,450e winch and arch,D37p komatsu lgp dozer,D85 Komatsu dozer,D8k Caterpillar.

Willie B
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Willie B » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:35 pm

In the case of John Deere backhoe valve, there are no O rings. The bore, and spool are so closely matched in size it is a fit so tight that no seal is needed. In mine, the bore was too big. 30 years later the valve part numbers had been superseded. Replacing three sections of a six section valve wasn't happening. a whole six section valve with end caps, and bolts would exceeded the value of the tractor.

As it turned out a hydraulic rebuilder in NH was able to provide a valve. It cost $2400 but each section was 1/4" narrower than original. The joystick mechanism didn't fit.
An optimist is usually wrong, and doomed to disappointment. he is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, delighted to be wrong, and is well prepared.

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by B Town » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:23 pm

I appreciate the #'s and the directions. I'm not sure why I could not find them on my own. I will try to get the parts on hand. Thank you, Bruce