Model #95 Backhoe Advice Needed

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Catenary Kid
40C crawler
40C crawler

Model #95 Backhoe Advice Needed

Post by Catenary Kid » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Troops,

I just blew the hydraulic line for the bucket on my #95 backhoe. I haven't stretched the boom out to look at it yet, don't want to give up any more fluid than necessary. Anyone have any advice as to how best to proceed with this repair? It looks like the fluid sprays out from the very bottom of the boom.
JD 350 w/Drott 4 way & backhoe; MF 235D W/many implements. Everything I own needs work. Absolutely EVERYTHING.

Catenary Kid
40C crawler
40C crawler

Well...that was 'easy'!

Post by Catenary Kid » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:40 am

Once I got the boom stretched out I found the replacement was very straightforward and simple, but not what I'd call 'easy'. I decided to replace all the accessible lines in the boom at the same time so I kissed another C-note or two goodbye. And from the look of things, I'm just going to go ahead and replace all of them, with the possible exception of the hoses that actuate the dipperstick cylinder as I have no idea how I'd get those out, let alone back in.

So...

For anyone who has any trepidation about changing hydraulic hoses in the boom of a #95 - just go for it. It ain't as bad as you can imagine it will be. :roll:
JD 350 w/Drott 4 way & backhoe; MF 235D W/many implements. Everything I own needs work. Absolutely EVERYTHING.