Please help! Bad fuel injectors JD350b

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Jb800
MC crawler
MC crawler

Please help! Bad fuel injectors JD350b

Post by Jb800 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:26 am

I need some help and not sure what to do. I have an early JD 350B dozer that hasn't ran in a while. I tried to get it started but its been sitting with diesel in it and it seems the fuel clogged everything. I put new filter and a brand new injection pump. I have fuel going to the injectors but nothing coming out of the return line. I believe the injectors are stuck or no good. I would replace them but the problem is they are frozen in there and I can remove them. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions? Anything I can do to clean these injectors out while they are in the engine? Thanks

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Please help! Bad fuel injectors JD350b

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon May 16, 2016 9:26 am

Jb800 wrote: I have fuel going to the injectors but nothing coming out of the return line. I believe the injectors are stuck or no good.? Thanks
The return line for indirect injection systems comes from the injection pump, not the injectors. The return line should always have flow when running because it bypasses the excess fuel coming in from the pump inlet not used by the injectors.

Since you got a new pump you can probably cross that off the list (although for others there can be blockage in the pump). Check the return line itself to the fuel tank- sometimes the line will be plugged at the fuel tank itself if there are any portions of the fuel return line that are rubber, they can sometimes degrade from the inside and collapse. Hopefully that solves your issue.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment