450G drive sprocket replacing

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
scatpak60
MC crawler
MC crawler

450G drive sprocket replacing

Post by scatpak60 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 am

Hi all,
I was in bad need of drive sprockets last year to finish some work around farm. Chain was about wore out but elected to change sprockets being they were relatively cheap.
Now I have decided to put a new chain/rails on and purchased new sprockets again from the advice of a rep of "Tracks N Teeth".
Installed chain and sprocket on one side of dozer. The sprocket teeth do not align perfectly in the middle of the bushings on the new chain. The sprocket actually sticks outboard a 1/4 inch or more than the old sprockets.
When I look at the other side of dozer that I have not changed yet and looking from top to down at the bottom roller, the sprocket is centered with the center of the bottom roller.
The old sprockets have a smooth center casting on the outside where the new ones actually have a machine cut indentation around the bolt holes.
I have emailed my concerns to Tracks and Teeth with several pictures of both sides and the difference where the sprockets align with bottom roller.
Rep has contacted their supplier and "expert" and expert said it was a "non issue".
Is this correct?
I just figured that the rear sprocket would need to be inline with the bottom rollers (like in the center). I just figured also that the bushings would wear now off center also.
Any ideas?
Is this a non issue?
All rollers are new, SALT chain and sprockets.
The serial number was double checked and supposedly they sent the correct sprockets for the machine.

gregjo1948
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by gregjo1948 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:53 am

I would take the sprockets to a machine shop and remove that 1/4" so they would center.
JD 350B diesel 6way blade, Case 580B Loader/backhoe, Farmall 504 high crop w/ flail boom mower, International 404 , International 284 diesel w/belly mower, 1972 Ford F600 dump truck, Galion 3-5 roller, Allis Chalmers D17, 1620 Ford

jsal
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by jsal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 am

on the older machines the track were adjustable with shims which i did on a 350 & 450C not sure your machine has that .

JIM