Track questions

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Track questions

Post by Jim B » Sun May 19, 2019 5:53 am

mikie62,

You say you aren't finding anything in your area, it might help if you add your general location to your profile. Someone might just know of a machine that is not advertised within a reasonable distance from you. You might be to locate a good one in a different area and pay some freight to get it to you, that has worked out for others.

I believe the biggest reason for people saying 450C (and the series following it) is that those all had wet steering clutches. The wet clutches are better overall and not prone to the sticking issues dry clutches can develop, if the crawler sets for extended lengths of time. I understand some 450Bs had wet clutches near the end of the production of that series and the start of the Cs. If you search posts here I think you will find discussions of that subject.

Jim

milkie62
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by milkie62 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:10 am

Jim B wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:53 am
mikie62,

You say you aren't finding anything in your area, it might help if you add your general location to your profile. Someone might just know of a machine that is not advertised within a reasonable distance from you. You might be to locate a good one in a different area and pay some freight to get it to you, that has worked out for others.

I believe the biggest reason for people saying 450C (and the series following it) is that those all had wet steering clutches. The wet clutches are better overall and not prone to the sticking issues dry clutches can develop, if the crawler sets for extended lengths of time. I understand some 450Bs had wet clutches near the end of the production of that series and the start of the Cs. If you search posts here I think you will find discussions of that subject.

Jim
Jim, I added my location.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Mon May 20, 2019 4:45 am

Hi Ed,

Knowing your location will help with what folks may see or know of, to make you aware of. How large an area are you looking at in your search? Do you have a way to transport one, either your own or a hauling supplier? I ask as a few weeks ago there was a 450D on Craigslist Maine that looked real good and appeared it would have been a good one to check out. If you are limiting your search range to 50 miles or less around you the options will be small, I expect. Hauling can be worked out, Stan Disbrow got his 350C from VT and he is in NC and might give you some insight on that front. Don't forget to look at your PMs (private messages) when you log in to see if you have any direct messages.

Jim

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:06 pm

just a bit curious, you never actually said the 450c was a bulldozer with blade, if is front loader with bucket, i believe the track shoes can or will be different. nor what kind of jobs you looking to do...do you need a 450 to do the jobs you want or will smaller do?

oops did not get to read prior post in re. jobs wanting to do. though smaller can do jobs just takes longer