Clueless newbie help me.

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Will1020
420 crawler
420 crawler

Clueless newbie help me.

Post by Will1020 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Let me start off with letting all know that I am a seasoned auto mechanic but know nothing about this 450b I bought. ...... So I bought a 450 b to help out around the property. I need to do extensive work underneath for sure the clutch areas are flooded with water and black gunk... The main huge bolts that hold the legs to the tracks are mostly missing along with the threaded inserts. This stuff doesn't bother me to much as I have manuals and a good friend that's a machinist! I want to use the machine for tree removal and I'd like to find a back hoe for it too. Can you guys point me in the right direction for used equipment. I'd like a 4 in 1 bucket to move the trees and a back hoe. What model numbers will work? Where can I find them. Also is there any place for used parts on these things... Oh my power steering pump seals leak into the engine I believe. Can that be rebuilt easily

Jim S.
420 crawler
420 crawler

Re: Clueless newbie help me.

Post by Jim S. » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Will,
I cannot help you with the rest of your issues, but the power steering pump is easy to rebuild. I recently had mine apart as part of a complete engine rebuild and it is very straightforward. I did not have to replace any parts or gaskets since mine was in good shape so I cannot attest to parts availabiltiy. Likely, you only need the seal which goes on the input shaft. But, if a rebuild kit is available that would be a good approach.

Will1020
420 crawler
420 crawler

Re: Clueless newbie help me.

Post by Will1020 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:08 am

Well good news there. Thanks for getting back to me. I always like to know the little pitfalls if their are any....