Backhoe Fitment on 1976 JD450C

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
csteel89
MC crawler
MC crawler

Backhoe Fitment on 1976 JD450C

Post by csteel89 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:33 am

Hello!
I am new to the crawler world and I am actually here doing some research for my dad, as he recently purchased a 1976 JD 450C loader. He has discussed an interest in getting a backhoe attachment. Incidentally, I know someone who has a Case 26D backhoe attachment that is in good shape, and he might be willing to sell it. From what I can tell, the Case 26D was standard on the Case 450 crawler, among other things. I know the Case and the JD 450’s are not identical, but they are similar. Does anyone know how complex of a process would be the conversion to make the Case backhoe attach to and function with the JD 450C? Is it even worth it, or should I just keep looking for a JD backhoe attachment?

Thanks!

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Backhoe Fitment on 1976 JD450C

Post by Lavoy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:09 pm

First you need to determine if your crawler is set up as a hoe crawler. Unless you have the large pump, the bypass valve, and the hoses on the back of the crawler that run the hoe, it is not just an issue of finding a hoe.
As far as the Case hoe, I highly doubt it is a direct interchange with Deere.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

jwbcontracting
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: Backhoe Fitment on 1976 JD450C

Post by jwbcontracting » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Most loader machines come with the power beyond valve installed on the hydraulic valve and the big hydraulic pump. You will need to acquire a set of Deere 450 hoe hooks that bolt to rear clutch cases with bars that attach horizontally to the loader frame. From there you will need to adapt the case hoe to fit the Deere mounting hooks.

We have done 2 full size case 580 hoes, 3 mid size case hoes and a few ditch witches as well. Next one on deck is a brand new unused cut off a cat loader backhoe for use on a G series Deere crawler. We adapt them as we sell them.