66 350 diesel

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Don2018
420 crawler
420 crawler

66 350 diesel

Post by Don2018 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 am

I messaged a few weeks ago about changing fluids and possibly purchasing an old winch to install which lead to a lot of helpful suggestions. I just wanted to give an update.
Engine oil and filter were changed , direction reversor oil and filter changed. Hydraulic tank drained and 1 filter changed and the other was removed, washed in diesel, blown out with an air compressor and reinstalled. In addition, transmission was drained and the small circular cover on the back was removed for an internal visual inspection. First of all, the transmission fluid was milky. Must have been either water or fuel. I'm thinking fuel because the needle valve from the fuel tank always leaked and I think fuel may have seeped into transmission. The fuel needle valve (directly above the transmission) has been fixed so I'll keep and eye on the transmission fluid. Also found 2 small quarter inch pieces of limestone on the bottom of the transmission housing. I assume they could have only fallen in when someone was checking the transmission dipstick. I was able to see that my loader does have the powershaft installed and is ready to accept a pto or winch shaft if I want. One question I would like answered is this, When sitting in the seat, does the pto lever get moved to the left or right to disengage the pto? I don't want the powershaft to be engaged all the time when I'm operating the machine and have no pto attached. Do I move the lever to the left or right to disengage?
Thanks

Timbertime
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: 66 350 diesel

Post by Timbertime » Thu May 31, 2018 9:57 pm

To the left to disengage.

Don2018
420 crawler
420 crawler

Re: 66 350 diesel

Post by Don2018 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:17 am