Low track power

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
jkinder
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: Low track power

Post by jkinder » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:24 pm

I buried the teeth and tried reverse yesterday, same thing as low and high. No engine power loss but tracks don't move.

oljoe
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by oljoe » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:50 pm

After watching the video a couple of times, I really couldn’t see a problem with the HLR pressure. The only time I saw the pressure drop to 0 was when you disengaged the engine clutch by pressing the pedal all the way down.

The pressure rises to 200 psi when you first start to depress the clutch, that is not right. It should raise 5-10 psi when pressed ½ inch.

If it were mine the first thing I would do is, make a complete adjustment of the clutch according to the manual or by using the instructions that Roy S. has posted several times on this site. If that doesn’t fix it, then adjust the steering clutches to make sure the pressure plates are releasing completely. Normally as Stan said one side or the other will start slipping but since you have been operating the HLR in high the clutches could have excessive wear.

But what do I know…..I can’t seem to get mine fixed. :evil: :oops:
Straight 450 loader

jkinder
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by jkinder » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:47 am

I have made engine clutch and brake / steering clutch adjustments according to the online manual, I was able to acquire, and I am back to digging again.
Have not spent a lot of time testing by the time I get home I only have an hour of daylight. Last night was my first attempt and was digging full buckets
of loose dirt in H1 and L1, I was amazed to say the least. Hope to post a new video soon to show those adjustments. Stay tuned.