Brake drum set screw

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Thinblueline
MC crawler
MC crawler

Brake drum set screw

Post by Thinblueline » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:38 pm

Good day. Brand new member here. I recently acquired my first dozer, a 450c. Had a leak in the left final drive and wasn't steering left so have been working on these issues. Putting it back together now and am looking for information on proper adjustment of brake drum set screw. I saw this procedure somewhere but now can't find it and don't remember of course. I have the manuals but can't find it in there. Can someone please help me out? Daryl

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Brake drum set screw

Post by Jim B » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:39 pm

Good evening,

Just to clarify. You are looking for a procedure to adjust the set screw in the steering clutch brake drum (item 4 in the photo)?

I looked in my E series manual and found the following in the install steering clutch section, I don't know if the same applies to your C series.

Not to doubt you, but I'll ask because there seem to be a number of different 450 series sporting "C" decals. Have you confirmed your model by the serial number? The serial number arrangements were different, but both the straight 450 and the 450C used a "C" on the tag; for different reasons. Hope this helps, Jim

Thinblueline
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: Brake drum set screw

Post by Thinblueline » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:29 pm

That was what I was looking for Jim. Thanks very much. Mine is definitely a c model with wet clutches.