JD 450 steering and transmission

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
lachaj
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 450 steering and transmission

Post by lachaj » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi All,
My 450 will move forward and reverse but wont steer. Im thinking the steering clutches are frozen. I took the inspection plates and it looks dirty but not wet. If the hydraulics are low will that have an impact?

Also the HL-R transmission takes a second to engage it seems. Both forward and in reverse, so I don’t think it’s the reverser clutch, but I’m a 450 newbie.

Manchas1227
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: JD 450 steering and transmission

Post by Manchas1227 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:09 pm

im in the same boat as you buddy, my 450 wouldn't steer as well. so I got a manual lot a Jim bean for the after party! I found my clutch pack almost like welded together so now I'm in the process of ordering all new stuff for the old gal to get her moving again!

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: JD 450 steering and transmission

Post by Jim B » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Don't know where you are getting your parts but check with Lavoy (postmaster@jdcrawlers.com) for parts. This is his site and these crawlers are the base of his business. He has/knows the good quality parts and can help you if you have technical questions. If you research some of the past posts on here, many have had problems with some of the aftermarket parts they get on line not fitting up well or holding up.