350c winch install

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 350c winch install

Post by Jim B » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:11 am

CatD8RII,

The relocation of the filter you brought up, must have been incorporated in one of the early housing part number changes I found, likely during the B series run when the winch mounted rotary valve shows up. Of course the parts catalogs only shows the filter and its housing, which stayed the same through out, not its location on the housing. I searched other places than the parts catalogs today, and as you did, found photos of 3315 winches with the filter in two different locations. The later winch, which likely fits crawlers having fuel tanks with sumps, has the rotary valve on the left and the filter was moved to the right of center. The large round cover is different in the photo of the with rotary valve B Town posted the link to as compared to Warrior0677's winch photo. In the parts catalog the same cover (has a notch for the filter housing) as used on the later winches is actually shown as a sub for another cover, likely the one in Warrior0677's photo. I agree with you, may be possible to move the filter housing.

If I understood Warrior0677 right, he has lifted the fuel tank and has the remote valve for the winch and which he plans to mount under the seat. He is missing the control lever and is searching for one. Thanks for the added insight, things are making more sense all the time.
Jim

CatD8RII
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: 350c winch install

Post by CatD8RII » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:09 am

Jim
I think you're correct on all accounts. If memory serves correct there are 2 levers, the shape is different. The lever from the early winches will fit a C machine, if I remember right they just mount with a shoulder bolt/nut to a hole in the hydraulic tank near the seat frame.